If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
The venerable Bath Abbey (13th century and on) with its fan vaulting and nave ceiling. Note the ladders on the front of the church with angels ascending and descending.
The grand show palace of Bath, the Theatre Royal.
Exotic restaurants and cocktail cellars.
Royal Victoria Park blooms.
Northern Italy ’23
United Kingdom ’19
- Another Bon Voyage …
- Venice~the Path Ends …
- Rovinj~On the Sea
- Split~Diocletian’s Palace
- Plitvice Lakes~
- Ljubljana~Plečnik’s Canvas
- Ljubljana~From Modern Art to Metelkova Mesto
- Ljubljana~Market Day
- Trieste~Art and Architecture, II
- Trieste~Art and Architecture, I
- Trieste~Joyce and Cafe Society
- Venice~Bridge to bridge
- The path starts in Venice
Northern Italy ’13
Barcelona Spain ’12